Posted by: mike laury | 2008-11-10

I want to go for a genral checkup just to see if all is in tact and all is working. Can i do it at a general GP or not. I want them to check everything, Cholestrol, heart etc. EVERYTHING.Cause i never get to the docter. Can it be done at a GP and what do i ask for?

Dear Mike
You can do this at your GP. He should ask you about your family history and risk factors to decide which areas need special attention. You can ask him to check your urine, blood pressure, do a full examination of lungs, heart and abdomen, check your cholesterol, sugar, PSA if you are over 40, a full blood count, liverfunctions and kidney functions test as a base.

Posted by: J | 2008-11-11

It is a good thing to see a GP for a " yearly"  or " general"  checkup. When you make the appointment say it is a " longer"  appointment for a general checkup. Else the doc look in your eyes and say you are Okay. Next please!

Reply to J