Posted by: Yolandi Swanepoel | 2009-10-01

General anaesthetics

Just want to find out quickly. I have to undergo an operation next week on my eyes and am allergic to most general anaesthetics. I' ve been told that I have to go for " gas"  not sure what the medical term is for that.
Can you please let me know if there is any negative things about " gas"  that I should know about and what it costs, cause apparently you have to pay per minute for the stuff, and I just want to make sure that my medical aid will cover for it.
I am really stressed out about the operation since the last time I went my heart gave problems because of the anaesthetics they used.
Please let me know.
Kind regards

Please ask your anaestesiologist and the hospital for these details.