Posted by: Preggy mom | 2009-01-13

At what stage of the pregnancy can the scan determine the gender of the baby? I' m presently 24 weeks pregnant with my second baby &  my gynae said it' s still early to tell he can only tell me after 28 weeks, with my first baby I knew as early as 20 weeks. Please help.

Usually by 16 weeks, but depends on the position of the baby.

Posted by: Iggy | 2009-01-14

Fire your Gynae, what he is saying is not true, you can know as early as 14w, by 24w it should be even clearer!

Reply to Iggy
Posted by: IK | 2009-01-14

We found out our baby' s gender at 12 weeks.

Reply to IK
Posted by: FTM | 2009-01-13

Hi there,

Our gynae told us at 16 weeks and showed us... :o)

Depending on the equipment used and the position of the baby you should be able to see much earlier than 28 weeks!

Good luck!

Reply to FTM
Posted by: E | 2009-01-13

If the baby co-operates, you can tell from as early as 12 weeks, but normally only from 16 weeks.

Reply to E