Question
Posted by: Philani | 2009/11/11

Geeting ripped

Hi Doc,

Please tell me which is best if I want to build muscle as well as loose fat.

Do I do cardio before or after weight training and for how long?

Thanks.

Hi Philani

You are probably best off if you do the cardio second, but there's no proof or definite answer to this. It depends on the goal. If the main goal is to build muscle, then weight training comes first. If the weight training is there only to tone muscle, and you're going to be lifting relatively light weights, then you do the cardio first.

My advice is that if you have 5 days a week, you should do mixed sessions 3 times a week, where you do weights and cardio, and then you have 1 days a week of only cardio (where you do more of it - up to 60 minutes if you are fit enough, but 30 if you're just at the beginning), and another day of just weights, where you do more weight work than on the mixed days as well.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/11/15

Hi Philani

Reply to fitnessdoc