Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-10-22

Gay or Metrosexual

HI Cs!

My brother is 12 and I' m wondering if the little bugger could be gay.
Well since he was young my sister would dress him up, usually in her clothes and shoes and sometimes they' d take my heels.
She would also dress up but as the guy and they would make up acts or sing and dance to entertain us.
It was totally hilarious and she would also make-up their faces.

Now we have an older brother but no role model really so he spent most of his time with us.
My father never bothered doing guy things with him and therefore he done most things with us.
When he was young my father would get upset when they would do their dress-up saying we going to turn him into a gay but I would say that’ s impossible! You can’ t be ' turned'  into a gay you are born that way right!
I still maintain that but this kid is making me worry now.

He has Add and struggles in school (another issue)
Now he begs me to give him mani' s &  pedi' s, when I get from work he would put the heel even boots on that I had worn and walk around which I do not encourage and put them out of his sight asap.
Loves posing for pics, lies on my bed playing with my hair.
Wants to brush our hair and make styles.
Wants to wear cherry labella, he is way too girly even compared to my younger sister who is 14.
He even worries about gaining too much weight, if someone comments he goes on a diet.

On the other hand he will not miss a wrestling match, practices the moves and only has fighting and wrestling & car ps games.
I don' t think he likes boys, he actually hates them because they tend to be wild and he hates poor hygiene.He runs to wash his hands or himself everytime he interacts with anyone from outside.
Is he just sensitive or is he gay… or, is he just normal?

I rather curious opening sentence ...
Kids dresing up usually has no paticular significance, unless excessive in extent. Presumably, though your little sister always dressed as a man in these episodes, you don't seem to think she may be lesbian. And you're right, dressing a kid up this way or that no more turns him gay, that dressing him in a swimsuit turns him into a fish.
Where the father is absent or just doesn't bother to do "guy things" with a boy, and he spends perforce much of his time with wioen, he learns to like some behaviours more typical of women, and has litle or no experience of guy stuff.
And some of the behaviours you describe have been encouraged by others, and not discouraged, except by the not very present or convincing Dad. How can he pose for pictures, unless somebody is taking his picture ?

3

A rather curious opening sentence ... Kids dresing up usually has no paticular significance, unless excessive in extent. Presumably, though your little sister always dressed as a man in these episodes, you don't seem to think she may be lesbian. And you're right, dressing a kid up this way or that no more turns him gay, that dressing him in a swimsuit turns him into a fish. Where the father is absent or just doesn't bother to do "guy things" with a boy, and he spends perforce much of his time with wioen, he learns to like some behaviours more typical of women, and has litle or no experience of guy stuff. And some of the behaviours you describe have been encouraged by others, and not discouraged, except by the not very present or convincing Dad. How can he pose for pictures, unless somebody is taking his picture ? Some kids show a homosexual gender orientation young, and remain in that mode. Some kids are very effeminate, for one reason or another, and grow up to be fully heterosexual. And some of the most aggressively butch and "Guy Thing" kids grow to be actively homosexual. These things just aren't tidy or easy to predict. SO - he's sensitive, probably normal, possibly gay ( like any kid ). If it becomes an ugent question, not satisfied by chating with him, he could be assessed by a child psychiatrist or child psychologist, who could advise on whether it was worth trying to do anything about this. Currently it doesn't sound as though it's a problem for him

I rather curious opening sentence ...

I rather curious opening sentence ...