Question
Posted by: Lonestar | 2008/08/01

Gatvol

Hi CS,

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. I' ve got a rather " weird"  question to ask you this morning and it probably relates directly to the Q I asked you the other day. When men reach their 40' s, why do they change so much? OK I know I am generalising here, but you know what I am getting at.

I came to the conclusion that a lot of the feelings I' ve been experiencing lately are purely circumstantial.

I just had it with my hubby, he has turned into a monster since his 40th Birthday, just don' t know what to do anymore. I have to do everything and more even when I get home at 9pm 3 times a week. (sport and studies) No wonder I am exhausted...
When confronted he says that he is doing nothing wrong and wont go for therapy....
He doesn' t show me any love or affection anymore, he cheated on me once, am I onto something here or just spooking things?

So, what do I do now?

Regards,
LS

P.S. I' m sorry to hear about your mom and Meggamoggy. All the best and stay strong.

Men, and even women, can react oddly to turning 40, or any other stage that seems to them to signal "Getting Old", and they may become skittish and try to convince themselves that they are still attractive and active. Men get a girl-friend, or buy a sports car or motorbike ; women get a boyfriend, or start dressing as though they were 20 years younger.
If you can't persuade him into marriage counselling --- perhaps suggesting that the aim would be to help you become less of a bother to him, and to help him be better able to handle you ( any such excuse will be at least partly true, and if he engages in counselling, it could help both of you agreeably ).
Do other readers have any comments or suggestions ?

1
Posted by: METO | 2008/08/01

my boyfriend is 28 and he acts like that. i leave b4 six in the morning with the kids.he leaves at 7. i get up at 4h30 to take care of everything.get home and have to still clean, do laundry, make food, etc. doesnt want to give me sex when i want.but when he wants i must jump.i am so tired. but he cant see that, or dont want to

Reply to METO