Question
Posted by: Yoe | 2008/10/27

Gastrointestinal Ulcer in Maltese

My 5 year Maltese (7.5 kg) has been diagnosed with a gastrointestinal ulcer about a year ago. She vomits, sometime with frank or digested blood, has abdominal pain and pail mucous membranes giving you the impression that she is anaemic. The Vet has prescribed 1.5 ml Ulsanic. It helps with vomiting blood, however, after using Ulsanic she still keeps on vomiting for 2 to 3 days and she does eat during this time. After the treatment she then has a problem with her digestive system.

Is there any other medicine or treatment that I can give her to help with the Ulcer an the vomiting?

Dear Yoe

A ulcer in dogs without a underlying cause is not that commom. I would try and get a diagnoses first. The ulcer should have healed by now.