Posted by: Cindy | 2009-04-17

Gastro Reflux

I went to the Doctor because I have had such bad reflux. He has given me Pantoloc 40 mg for one month and then 20 mg after that. I have been on the Pantoloc 20 mg for over a week now and I dont get the acid reflux just a lump feeling in my throat sometimes but he has now put me back on the 40 mg for 6 months. The 40 mg is helping so what happens after 6 months when I am finished taking them and it comes back again? What is gastro reflux caused from and is there anything that I must no eat that can make it worse? Can relux be from stress too?

Was a barium meal and a gastroscopy done? This will provide you with more information about what will happen after six months. Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation about gastric reflux:

No I was just told to take Pantoloc and if it does not work then a camera will be put down my throat which I dont really want. Are there other methods?