Posted by: Lady | 2012-03-08

gastro problems

Hi doc
Today is the second day I woke up feeling like this, in the morning around 4am I get woken up by pain in my gastro area, its not just normal pain it feels like something is turning for and that turn is accompanied by pain. It last for a few seconds but happens every 5 to 6 minutes, I also felt this yesterday when I was hungry, there is no acid reflux just the painful turning feeling, I control the pain by taking milk which seem to work temporarily, what could. Be the problem, I''m under a lot of stress lately

It is possible that you have a gastric ulcer and you will have to consult your doctor to have a gastroscopy and barium meal done. In the interim, you can take Gaviscon, three times daily, before meals. Ask your doctor for a prescription to alleviate your stress.