Question
Posted by: shelley | 2010/01/06

gastro or panic?

2 weeks ago I had the flu with an upset tummy but both seemed to go away.
Then I got a runny tummy again - quite bad with nausea. The next day my gran passed away and I went into extreme panic.

The day after I went to the doctor and was put on an antibiotic for 3 days - the runs continued although it only came once or twice in the morning.

I was put onto probiotics (taking 3 per day) and it seemed to help a bit. Runs alternate between soft and watery and they are yellow with a little bit of clear mucus. I only go once or twice in the morning to the toilet. Nausea is still here and the panic attacks are frequent. I have been to the doctor numerous times and he says it is probably a combination of both panic and a little gastro but as I have no fever and my stomach seems soft he can only assume it is more panic than anything else.

This is the 3rd week of this now. I am having trouble eating - I cannot bring myself to eat much of anything - 2 slices of plain bread per day and maybe a handfull of crackers is all I can stomach.

Is this panic or is this gastro??

Hallo Shelley
Get some Kaopectin syrup and take this to bind the stomach. Are you taking anything for the panic attacks? Try Biral 2 three times a day if your doctor did not prescribe anything, and if this does not help, ask him for a prescription medication. Continue with the probiotic until the stomach settles. If the stool smells "funny" and you see a lot of mucus/blood in it, it will be best to send a sample to a lab to test for parasites. Diarrhoea due to stress won't smell bad.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/06

Hallo Shelley

Reply to cyberdoc