Posted by: cindy | 2011-12-15

Gastro intestinal infections.

The past year or so i have been experiencing stomach pain and a burning feeling. Earlier this year it was so bad that i started vomiting and i couldnt keep anything down. I went for a gastroscope and the found a thrush like infection in my stomach and i was given treatment(nexiam to treat the infection). The pain still comes back more especially when i hungry(usually I drink milk and it helps).Anothermajor incident was mid this year when i had to remove my wisdom teeth surgically. A day or so after the surgery i started having pains and vomiting again. Went to hospital cause i was getting dehydrated and I was in pain from the surgery and I could drink the painkiller given to me. The doctor couldnt find anything in hospital.

My question is, could it be the same infection reoccuring?
What food or over the counter medication should I avoid to stop the infection?
I have also noticed that get the pain also during my periods on top of period pains.
Im a lady in her mid 20''s.

It is possible that your gastric ulcer has not healed. You should consult a doctor for a gastroscopy. If they find that there is an infection of H. Pylori present, your medication might include Nexiam and antibiotics. In the interim, you can use Nexiam and Gaviscon Advanced to relief your symptoms.