Question
Posted by: R | 2009/02/03

gastro

Hi doc

I' m struggling to get rid of gastro for the last 5 days.
I went to my doc yesterday and he said that the bug normally lasts up to 4 days.

It started on Friday with a headache and runny tum. By Sunday it was at it' s worst with fever and the runny tum continuing as well as a sore head a neck.
Since then all the symptoms are gone apart from the runny stool a few hours after eating.

Should I just be patient? What should I look for that my be of concern?

Dear R
Try using probiotics 1 three times per day and something like Kaopectin when you have a runny stool. If it persists you may need to send a stool sample to the lab to see if you need antibiotics.
Dr BEts