Question
Posted by: Bash | 2010-04-22

Gastro - 11 year old

Hi Doc, My 11 year old daughter had gastro a week ago with severe vomiting &  diarrhoea, got a course of antibiotics &  spasmed, was over it for 3 days then it started again. This time vomiting only (2 days). I''ve cut out all dairy, she''s been surviving on toast &  tea with no vomiting in the last 24hrs. When can she have dairy &  her normal diet again &  what can i give her to " strenghthen"  her tummy?

Hallo Bash
Let her take probiotics three times per day for the next week. If she does not have any diarrhoea or vomiting for 24 hours she can start eating normal again but avoid very fatty food. If the diarrhoea starts again, maybe you should ask your doctor to send a stool sample to the lab to culture, to see if there is a parasite or bacteria causing the diarrhoea.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-22

Hallo Bash

Reply to cyberdoc