Question
Posted by: Anna | 2008/06/10

Gastrites

Had a gastroscopy and doctor indicated mild gastrites. Gave me Klasid and Moxypon to take for 10 days. Burning pain still remains in upper stomach area. Is there anything I can use without going back to the doctor.
Also, my spleen calsified and was removed in March 2007, have pain over the area and doctor says its arthrites. Can this happen after a splenectomy and what can I use for the pain which will not affect my stomach please.
Thank you for your advise

Dear Anna
Yes you can take Mucaine for the pain as needed with your Klacid and Moxypen. You can also get some Zantac 75 to use twice daily if he did not give you any anti-acids to use.
Arthritis is inflammation in a joint and there is no joint over the spleen area so I am doubtful of this diagnosis. Maybe you should get a second opinion. (By the way Peptic ulcer/gastritis can give you referred pain to the upper abdomen L or R.)For pain Panado will be safe, if really sore you can try Dolorol Forte which contains a bit of codeien too.