Question
Posted by: Ruby29 | 2009-03-23

Gastric Reflux

I had an op 4 years ago for a gastric reflux. I started suffering from severe heartburn, when i went to my GP, he told me that my stomach had opened up again, he also mentioned that i would have to swallow the camera again and that i would have to do the op again.

Help

Dear Ruby29
I agree with your doctor, you may need another gastroscopy ( camera examination). Depending on this result, the specialist would decide whether it is really necessary to go for another operation.

1
Posted by: Ruby29 | 2009-03-24

Thank you so much Dr Beths,

Just one more thing. My GP put me on medicationfor 6 weeks to take away the heartburn, is that safe, until i go for the gastroscopy, and also, will the operation be a success the second time round.

Thank you once again.

Reply to Ruby29