Posted by: Sue | 2009-02-15

Gastric reflux

My fiance has been prescribed Lansoloc for his reflux. He has been on it for a week and it has totally helped the reflux. But he is doubled over in pain all the time and has chronic diarrhoea. He had the runs before he started the tabs but it has gotten a lot worse since he started. His stomache does not seem to be getting better. Could it be the tabs and if so is there something else that won' t give him so much discomfort?

Dear Sue

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that he adds Gaviscon Advanced and a good probiotic to his treatment. This medication is available over the counter at all pharmacies. If the problem persists for longer longer than 10 days after starting with this treatment, I strongly suggests that he consults a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy and a colonoscopy.

Posted by: sue | 2009-02-18

He went to his doctor and was told it was a bug of some sort and has been prescribed anti biotics and anti spasmodics. If it persists then i agree and i think he should see the specialist.
thanks for your response.

Reply to sue