Question
Posted by: Noelene | 2009-02-16

Gastric bypass surgery

I would like to know the criteria involved to qualify for this operation, if any? I am considered morbidly obese at 145kg' s and this seems to be an option. I' ve heard this costs between 60000.00 and 100000.00 is this true?

Dear Noelene
Morbid obesity is a criteria for gastric bypass surgery. For more information about such operations and the potential costs, contact the Bariatric Centres of Excellence in regard to having a gastric bypass to assist weightloss. You can contact Jana Derksen at the Call Centre for the Netcare Bariatric Centres of Excellence on 0861-623-7489 or contact her at: jana@pharmacallcc.com or call her on her cell phone at: 072-373-0155 or visit their Website at www.netcare.co.za to discuss this option if you have a great deal of weight to lose.