Question
Posted by: FattyBoomBoom | 2012-08-14

Gastric Banding

Hi Dear Friend

Just popping in to say - all clear for the op on Thursday. I''m nervous as hell. Been reading up alot. I understand the band is being put in my body and not my head so i''ll still have " all that"  going on in there, but i have you and i have books etc to help me.

I have never been more ready in my life for anything. I know my whole life will change and that i''ll have to step out the comfort zone of couch potato. No more pizza''s and dvd''s for entertainment. Got to get up and LIVE.

I did end up telling my boss today as we had a general discussion and they mentioned they where worried about my health and weight. It just worked out right. Im glad this is off me as well.

I have my family''s support and they are all coming to visit, i never realized that they have witnessed and silently stood by while i fall apart over the years - knowing what i was going through but not knowing how to help.

Now that im helping myself they all (boss included) just want to know what they can do.

I''ve made goals and a bucket list and one thing (that broke me this year) was my kids doing the 702 walk the talk fun run and i could not, i had to ask their aunt. 2013 i WILL be doing it with them. I want to live now. I want to feel alive. I''ve been trapped in this body by food. The think i turn to and that makes me happy is the thing that is killing me.

Food has to become unimportant not a reward.

Thanks Cs.

Love FattyBoomBoom

Bon voyage, FBB, hope all goes well and that we will be hearing from a progressively slimmer thou in the coming months. Work towards finding healthier and enjoyable rewards for your virtuous diet, ways to enjoy life more than couch-potatoing. That bucket list sounds promising, though I expect after this good move, you'll have time for an awful lot of buckets !
Surprisingly common, isnt it, that we notice and worry about others in the nicest way, but don't know how to be helpful.

4
Posted by: elizabeth | 2013-01-13

i am seeing a psychologist as a well as a psychiatrist. i am on cipralex, seroquel, and epitec. cipralex for years and only started 2 months ago with the other two. can side effects be tenderness of my bust, wieght gain, nightmares, irritation?
will appreciate you reply.

thanks

Reply to elizabeth
Posted by: Maria | 2012-08-14

Good luck! My friend who had this op went for counselling before and after, the surgeon insisted on it. Maybe something to consider?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Just saying | 2012-08-14

Hi FBB

I am so happy for you that eveyrthing has worked out so well. Funny how we are quick to judge how we think people will react, yet in reality, it''s nothing like we thought?.

I wish you absolutely everything of the best, and can''t wait to hear from you after the op, and the progress you''ve made, with the support of all the people who will walk the journey with you.

You go girl, and enjoy your new life. (wish it was me!)

Reply to Just saying