Posted by: FattyBoomBoom | 2012-11-22

Gastric Band Surgery - progress

Good morning Dearest " old"  CS

Friday was 3 months since my surgery and I have now loss 18.5 kilograms!

Its not all been a smooth road as the surgeon refused to believe me at one stage that I did NOT have the restriction he kept telling me I should have. I then made him (you know me) pull out the 6ml he said I had in and he could only find 4ml having to admit that he missed the " port"  on the last he then gave me 8ml altogether and I could not even swallow water ha ha.

I am now on 7ml and I think exactly where I should be. Whooohooooo

My mom feels I am becoming obsessed she say''s its all I can talk about? Geez CS I paid R70 000k for this it''s the best thing I''ve ever done for myself, I''ve joined a gym I go 5 days a week, my whole life is changing. I guess I''ll not discuss so much with her then. How can one BUT get obsessed with this road I am on?

As you know I''ve been caring for someone else for the last decade and more NOW is my time? And my whole family is fat - aren''t they glad I have done this? My one sister absolutely refuses to talk about it. She immediately told me when I told her about the surgery that its the biggest mistake of my life. She never wished me luck or called to find out how I am doing.

I''ve also lost 2 friends. One I use to go eat breakfast with every 2nd Saturday and a " drinking"  friend. Once I stopped drinking socially we had nothing in common to talk about? How weird is that!

Ah well, any port in a storm ?
Some "friends" have only the drinking, or eating, in common. and your apparent pleasure in losing weight through this serious step may be really annoying to people who don't want to face the fact of their own weight, or take serious steps to lose weight.
But as you say, this is for you.

Posted by: Lils | 2012-11-23

Hello beautiful woman!!! I''ve been wondering about you and so happy to see you posted here!!! Wow you''re doing absolutely fantastic and it''s so wonderful that you''re so positive and enthusiastic about your future!!! About the nasty sister - no advice there - you just hang in there sunshine, she HAS to come around sometime!!!

Again CONGRATULATIONS and good luck for the road ahead!!!

Reply to Lils
Posted by: Cat | 2012-11-22

Hey Fatsy. I''m so glad with everything you''ve accomplished. You should not care too much about what other people think or say. Skinny people, or people in general who does not have a weight problem, does not know what it feels like to be consumed with anger, and resentment and wishing one can lose weight, and all things asociated with being overweight. If I was them, I''d support you, and phone you, and visit you, and just be there for you. Because anyone who''s ever been over weight and had to lose it, can tell you what hard work and dedication it is. It''s not just about drinking a pilletjie, or plak a patch on your arm, and poof, you''r skinny. It takes a lot, and so even though I don''t know you, I also struggle with my weight. I''m sitting here right now wondering how I''m ever going to get on my weightloss path again, because I''m just so tired you know. But i''ll get there eventually. But you should be proud as hell for coming this far, and going through what you''ve gone through. Once you''re slimmer, you''ll be so happy, it''s the best feeling in the world. I''ve been there twice, and now I''m overweight again, and have to lose it again. So just be proud of what you''ve accomplished, and stuff the rest. Good luck with everything going forward.

Reply to Cat