Posted by: jenny | 2012-06-03

i wake up with a terrible pain in my lower back-every early hours of the morning-it gets relieved when i pass gas and stand up-what is the cause and what can i take for this-i am only on zyrtec and flonaise- i am female-60 years old-my bowels are regular every day- i have noticed these pains for about 6 months

You have chronic lower back pain and you will therefore, have to consult an orthopaedic surgeon for an examination and further tests. It is possible that your pain is due to mechanical back pain, like osteoarthritis of the lower back. If there is no pathology of the back, you can consult a gastroenterologist to determine if your back pain is due to a condition affecting your gut. It is impossible to speculate about the cause, as there are many possibilities that will have to be investigated.