Question
Posted by: Kolekile Magadaza | 2011-09-02

Garnishee order

I have been paying off my salary a garnishee for a doctor''s account handed over to a law firm and the amount handed over was R987.38 and I have paid R3337.50. Is this fair?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

There are usually a lot of costs associated with the collection of a debt. For instance a law firm may collect 10% on each payment that you make as a collection fee and interest will also be added, not to mention all the other legal costs. I would however suggest that you ask them to furnish you with a itimised account and then consult an attorney to establish whether you were not over charged.

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
A:1st Floor, 56 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011-09-03

Bertus Preller
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert