Question
Posted by: Liz | 2012-03-13

Garlic and birth control

I''ve recently started taking a garlic supplement as a way to control recurring yeast infections, but I read that it might not be such a good idea if I''m using the pill! Is this true and should I stop taking the supplements? I read that it speeds up the pace at which the hormone is being broken down, so would it help if I took it at night (I take the pill the the morning)? All that it says on the garlic bottle is that it contains odourless garlic powder and Vitamin E (in a capsule form). The birth control I use is Yaz.

Liz

The pill is designed to work over a 24 hour period and if you take the garlic supplement at night, it can still have an affect on the birth control. Rather use a product like Reuterina Femme, as this has been proven to treat systemic yeast infection. I also suggest that you consult your doctor for a blood test to rule diabetes out, as this is a common cause for recurring yeast infections.