Question
Posted by: Lila | 2010/07/20

Garlic Allergy?

I am not sure if I have an intolerance/allergy to garlic. I have had severe abdominal pain after eating garlic. The pain subsided after taking antihitamines. The only thing is I am not sure if it is if I eat large quatities of it or if depends on how well it is cooked because there have been times when I am not affected. I also get abdominal pain from cooked/fried onions. Last night I had a different reaction. There was 2 teaspoons of garlic in the stew I ate last night (I was not aware of this at the time) and shortly after eating I started feeling my face become hot almost like I had a high temperature. My whole body began to feel hot and my face was red. My mouth and throat started to swell. I did not have any abdominal pain. The only other thing in the stew was a lot of onions and safron. I try to stay away from garlic as much as possible but it is very difficult. Do you think I am allergic to garlic?

Hallo Lila
You may be allergic to garlic - let your GP find out from your local lab if they can test you for it? (There are blood tests for certain foods - it depends if the lab keeps the kits)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/20

Hallo Lila