Question
Posted by: Rose | 2011/08/12

Gardnerella

I was diagnosed with Gardnerella and both my husband and I were prescribed an anti-biotic which we both took, but it did not go away. My doctor says that this means one of us is cheating. I know I am not and my husband denies that he is. Is is possible to get recurring infection without either of us cheating, and if so, what is the possible cause. I have had this same infection quite a few times.

Yes it is possible to get this without either of you cheating. It is due to a depletion of the 'good' bacteria in t the vagina. You could try douching with live culture yoghurt to replenish them.

1