Question
Posted by: Caitlin | 2011-05-03

Gaps in my vertebrae causing Migraines

Im a 26 yr old female who recently went for a back massage and was told that my vertebrae on just by my neck and just above the bottom of my back have spaces (gaps) between each other. When she pressed I could feel the ''tension''/''sore. I do suffer from migraines and thought maybe this could be the cause as I am yet to find out the cause of my migraines. I have been to a chiro with regards to my migraines, he did do some exercises with me, felt my back, clicked it etc..but I wasn''t told by him about the gaps in some of my vertebrae. Is that normal, can a chiropractor help sort out the gaps between my vertebrae?
Do you think this may be a contributing factor to my migraines?
Do you know what causes these gaps between your vertebrae?

Thank you Kindly for your help

Expert ImageChiroDoc

The "gaps" are probably normal - we all have these!! An X/Ray examination of your neck will however reveal any unusual deviations. Migraine responds very well to Chiropractic Care.