Question
Posted by: sandra | 2010-04-27

gangrene in feet

hello,
My Mom is 83 years old and has gangrene in both her feet, her doctor won''t amputate due to her overall poor health. We are now faced with watching her in pain and suffering. What can we do?

Hallo Sandra
It is a difficult decision as a big operation may cost her her life but gangrene can cause septicemia that can also be life threatening. See if you can get a second opinion from a surgeon.
dr Bets

5
Posted by: Heiley | 2010-05-03

I have noticed that Doctors don''t normally operate on someone who is their advanced stage of illness, what they do is to make them as comfortable as possible, before my mother passed away due to cancer, she developed DVT and Doctors saw it fit not to do anything with the leg as she was in her advanced stage of cancer, she died peacefully and the cause was not even the DVT

I suppose the focus is making life as easy as possible for someone who have reached that stage in life not to cut even when one knows survival is less than 1 % b even when they remove both legs, a person my suffer even more due to depression due to loss of limbs etc

Reply to Heiley
Posted by: John | 2010-04-29

Momof3,
All I can say is the " Medical Nutritional Institute"  put their name to it.
My feet are lots better and sugar is also down, I lower my Insulin injections, as my sugar dropped smaller than 3.

Weight loss, no not jet.

Reply to John
Posted by: Momof3 | 2010-04-29

John .Sounds interesting John. I hope its approved stuff. Have you lost any weight as I too am type 2 .?

Sandra . I have seen on tv on the doctors tv dot c o m they had a show on diabetes &  gangrene. They used maggots( white fly lave that eat decaying meat) to eat away the gangrene as they aerate the skin promoting better circulation and the ladies foot healed up completely. Its worth a try. Maybe we have some here in South Africa that can do that or go online . Let us know how it helped your mom. I think you are doing a great thing by helping her &  I agree get a 2nd opinion.

Reply to Momof3
Posted by: John | 2010-04-28

I do not know if this is going to help.

I am diabetes type 2. The last 6 months my feet went " dead" 
End of March I start using " AntaGolin"  for weight loss and lowering of my sugar level. Suddenly I noticed that the " feeling"  in my feet is coming back! It means that my blood circulation is better. It is worth trying. You can buy online.

Reply to John
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-28

Hallo Sandra
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc