Posted by: Sunshine | 2009-05-28

Galvanic Spa

Do you have any knowledge of the Nuskin Galvanic Spa and is it possible that this little machine can lift your face and make you ten years younger. I am so tired of wasting money on products that claims all kinds of results. I am 44 and dont want to go the invasive route.
Thanks for your time.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Sunshine, thank you for the question.

There are no medical studies to validate the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of the Nuskin Galvanic Spa. The use of electrical currents that create charges on the skin surface that force charged topical products into the skin has been used for a very long time. The effectiveness of such a system is dependent firstly, on the charge created by the machine; and secondly, that the topical product/gel has the same charge as what is being generated by the machine being used. The reason for this is that ‘like’ charges will repel each other thereby forcing the product deeper into the skin. Have a look at this web site as it directly reviews the Nuskin device from consumers who are currently using it (about 50/50 good & bad):