Question
Posted by: SUE | 2012-06-15

GALSTENE

Hallo Dokter, ''n soner het galstene by my opgetel, wat veroorsaak dit en is dit ernstig? Wat is die behandeling daarvoor? Ek het geen simtome van naarheid of enige pyn. Kan u meer inligting gee asb. Baie dankie

Sue

Verwys na die volgende artikel vir inligting oor die oorsake, simptome en behandeling: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallstones

Groete

4
Posted by: Abby | 2014-07-05

My ma het dokter toe gegaan moet ek my bekommer?

Reply to Abby
Posted by: Abby | 2014-07-05

Reply to Abby
Posted by: Sylvia Underhay | 2012-10-09

1) Why do we have a gallbladder?
2) What causes Gallstones?
3) What happens if you do not remove the gallbladder diagnosed with gallstones?

Is there a different way of removing the gallstones without an operation or the removal of the " g''bladder" ?

Would you be so kind as to answer me on my e-mail address. sylvia.gus@absamail.co.za These are questions was asked by my dad and he will not go on the web again.

Thank You.

Sylvia

Reply to Sylvia Underhay
Posted by: Tanya | 2012-06-15

Sue,
This is my story of gallstones: Hope it helps you.
In 1992 a routine sonar scan picked up a gallstone the size of a nutmeg.
I had no symptoms or pain or discomfort at the time. The physician wanted to operate and remove my gall bladder immediately. In those days it was quite major surgery.
I told him that as it was asymptomatic I choose not to have the surgery immediately. I also did not want to subject my body to the trauma of unnecessary major surgery. I asked him when I would know it was time to have surgery, he replied :"  YOU''LL KNOW ALRIGHT!" 
Moving forward 8 years I woke up at 4 am one morning with excruciating pain and I knew what it was alright! By 4pm that afternoon I was in hospital having the op. It was now done laproscopically and I''ve never looked back.
Apparently they do not remove just the stones as its possible they will form again so the whole gall bladder is removed. This may have changed of course.
Good luck whichever route you choose to go.

Reply to Tanya