Question
Posted by: WENDY | 2008/11/20

GALLSTONES

I WENT FOR A SCAN YESTERDAY AND IT WAS SEEN THAT I HAVE A VERY LARGE PROMINENT GALL STONE. MY DOCTOR SAID THAT I WILL NEED TO HAVE AN OPERATION AND HAVE MY GALL BLADDER REMOVED - SHOULD I GET A SECOND OPINION - CANT THEY LASER IT? WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF HAVING NO GALLBLADDER? ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED - THANKS

Hallo Wendy
Gallstones often develop because the gall bladder is not working properly or because the levels of bilirubin or cholesterol is high. Removing the gall bladder can cause an intolerance of very fatty food (which isn't good for you anyway!) and obviously the operation has some risks as all operations have. Gallstones can be removed/lasered but will probably return anyway. Having gallstones increases the risk of getting cholecystitis ( gall bladder infection)
See http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gallstones/

3
Posted by: WENDY | 2008/11/21

Thank you so much for the info - i appreciate it.

Reply to WENDY
Posted by: Melanie | 2008/11/20

Hi Wendy
I had gall stones 11 years ago. My daughter was just a few weeks old when the gall pain occurred. I had an awful caesarian section for the birth so I didn' t want another op. I decided to go the homeopathic route. I contacted the health shop in Balfour Park Shopping Centre and they suggested the following:-
Take a three quarters bottle of olive oil and fill up with lemon juice. Spend one day (only one day) and drink the entire bottle. This is very difficult as I kept wanting to vomit. If you get hungary you can eat paw paw only. The oil makes the stones soft enough to pass.
I did this over 11 years ago and to this day I don' t have any hassles with my gall bladder - not even pain and I eat whatever I please.
If you are brave enough try the homeopathic route - it does work.!!!

Reply to Melanie
Posted by: jhh | 2008/11/20

Removal of the gallbladder is the standard treatment for gallstones in the gallbladder.
If you will feel better, go for 2 opinion.
These days small operation.

Reply to jhh