Question
Posted by: Zain | 2009-10-05

Gallbladder removal - after effects - 9 years later

I had my gallbladder removed due to gallstones and lived a perfectly normal life exept for gaining weight(which was never a problem before) and gettling a pain in my right hand side slight under my right breast... like my ribs are pulling tight... pain is awfull especially if i bend down for too long.... the pain in my right feels like a cramp in my bones but just more painfull... what causes this and why... what can i do about it... it really causes problems.. i cant even play with my son picking him up or bending down... i must constantly be upright and to ease the pain i have to strecth my arms over my head.... PLEASE HELP

Dear Zain
It is difficult to guess what the cause of this pain could be, it could be fibrosis after the operation, or a referred pain from a peptic ulcer or even a pinched nerve in the back causing referred pain along the rib. Rather let your doctor have a look as he may need to send you for a sonar or x/rays?