Question
Posted by: Wanda | 2012/03/27

Gallbladder removal

I am flooded with do''s and don''t of gallbladder removal! I live in constant fear daily of what I can and can not eat. Do not want to trigger an attack. What really happens after removal of gallbladder? In laymans terms please!!!!

Dear Wanda
There is no need to be so worried about the removal of the gallbladder nowadays. In most cases the surgeon will remove the gallbladder through keyhole surgery, which compared to the massive incisions of the past, are small and much less invasive. The gallbladder is basically a small sack-like structure. It is used to store gall which is produced by the liver. During a gallbladder removal operation this storage sack is removed. Afterwards, you will still produce gall which is required for digestion, but instead of being stored in the gallbladder, the gall will now be emptied directly into the digestive tract. In regard to weight gain after a gallbladder op, it is not an inevitable consequence provided you continue to eat a low-fat diet and start exercising when you have recovered from the operation. Please discuss this with your doctor so that he/she can arrange for you to receive the necessary treatment or to have an operation if this is required. To read more about the subject, click on ‘Diet & Nutrition’ at the top of this page and then do a Search with ‘Gallbladder and Diet’.

2
Posted by: Danny Jenkins | 2012/04/11

After Gallblader removal 2 months ago my feet smell so bad like chemical my wife and I have to put my boots outside (even new boots 2days old) I would like to know how eliminate or curb my problem . Thank you. Danny j

Reply to Danny Jenkins

Dear Wanda