Question
Posted by: Ange | 2009-11-03

Gallbladder Disease

Hi there,

What tests would have to be done to test for gall bladder disease (without stones).

I have read up on the symptoms of gall bladder disease, and seem to have every single symptom. These symtoms have been ongoing over the past 10 years - they come and go...

I have been to the doctors, I have had a liver function test and an abdominal sonar. Would these tests have indicated gallbladder disease? or are there other tests I should do to see if my gallbladder is diseased?

I have had a colonoscopy and a gastroscope to rule out other possiblilities.

The doctor also mentioned that my CRP levels were very high-194, could this be elevated due to gall bladder disease?

Please Help!

Hallo Ange
a diseased gall bladder will show a thickened wall, usually stones in the gallbladder because it does not contract as it should, enlargement. If it also gets inflamed it will be tender and you may have fever and chills. We usually test with sonar only. CRP elevation usually indicates inflammation or infection.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-03

Hallo Ange

Reply to cyberdoc