Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-02-16

Gallbladder

They suspect I have gallstones. I am 29. I am basically on a fruit and yoghurt diet and maybe some rye bread with cottage cheese if I can stomach it. Otherwise I use meal replacement shakes. I am losing my hair and my skin is breaking out - I know this is due to mal-nutrition. Is there a supplement or a vitamin I can take that wont have an effect on the gallbladder?

Dear Gallbladder
If you know that you are suffering from malnutrition, then why are you eating such a minimalistic diet? I trust that you are receiving treatment for the gallstone problem and that your doctor has referred you to a surgeon so that they can be removed. Hairloss is usually associated with an iron deficiency or stress. I would recommend that you sit down with your dr and discuss treatment for your gallstones and potential iron deficiency, and then see a clinical dietitian to help you work out a diet that will not cause malnutrition, or contain too much fat. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. You need some expert assistance to sort out these problems before they totally ruin your health.
Please go for help ASAP.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-02-16

Dear Gallbladder
Please go for help ASAP.