Question
Posted by: Beryl | 2010-12-01

Gall stones

Just had a acute gall bladder attack, what diet should i follow to avoid another attack? what foods help avoid this condition

Dear Beryl
I trust that your dr will advise if you require surgery or if the stones can be shattered with ultrasound. Basically patients with bile problems should avoid eating high-fat foods. Click on 'Diet'nFood' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Diet' and Gallbladder Disease' to find an article that gives advice on how to lower fat intake. It will also be prudent to avoid drinking alcohol until you have recovered fully or have had the gallstones removed.

5
Posted by: Been There | 2010-12-02

Hi Beryl
I had gall stone problems years ago and I decided to go the homeopathic route. I contacted my local health store who advised me to do the following:
Take a bottle of olive oil, throw out 1/4 of it and replace this with lemon juice. Start off early in the morning and shake the bottle so that it mixes and drink it. Yes, it is awful and most of the time you will feel like bringing up. If you feel hungary during the day only eat a little paw paw. Do this for the entire day until all the bottle or most of it is finished.
I did this 13 years ago and I have never had another attack at all and I can eat whatever I want.

Reply to Been There
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-12-02

Dear Beryl
I trust that your dr will advise if you require surgery or if the stones can be shattered with ultrasound. Basically patients with bile problems should avoid eating high-fat foods. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Diet' and Gallbladder Disease' to find an article that gives advice on how to lower fat intake. It will also be prudent to avoid drinking alcohol until you have recovered fully or have had the gallstones removed.

Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-12-01

Dear Beryl

Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-12-01

Dear Beryl

Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-12-01

Dear Beryl