Question
Posted by: Gale | 2012/03/16

Gall Bladder Diet

Good Day , Pls can u send me a no fat diet for my daughter she had her gall bladder removed ,

Dear Gale
I cannot send individual diets to my Readers. In most cases patients who have had their gallbladder removed, do not need to change their diet. The gallbladder just acts as a storage pouch for the gall that is produced in the liver. After removal, the gall is still produced by the liver and is directly emptied into the digestive tract. If your daughter should feel nauseous after eating fatty foods, then it may be a good idea for her to reduce her fat intake. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' and do a Search for 'Diet in Gallbladder Disease' for tips on how to lower fat intake from the diet.

1

Dear Gale