Posted by: Roxy | 2011-07-29

Gall bladder and HRT

Doctor, I have been taking Angeliq for a year, stopped for 3 months and now on Livifem for 2 weeks. Can the above speed up a gall bladder problem please? I get chest pains, especilly after eating, very nauseous and bloated. Could this just be an acidic/reflux problem or gall stones please. Many thanks!

Your symptoms might be possible side effects from the HRT, as it can often cause bloatedness and abdominal discomfort. You will have to consult your doctor for a gastroscopy to rule a peptic ulcer or reflux disease out. An upper abdominal ultrasound will have to be done to exclude gallstones. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon Advanced, three times daily before meals, as you do have symptoms of gastric reflux disease.