Question
Posted by: sam | 2010-02-06

gall bladder

i just had my gall bladder removed because it was septic, the doctor now advises me that i should go back to my normal diet,
am a bit worried and would like a secound opinion.

sam

Dear Sam
Having your gallbladder removed should not cause any major changes in your physiology. All that has changed is that the gallbladder which acts as a storage vessel for bile, has been removed. You still produce bile or gall which is now emptied directly into the digestive tract and still does its job. If you find that you feel nauseous when you eat fatty food, click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Diet' and Gallbladder Disease' to find an article that gives advice on how to lower you fat intake. Also avoid drinking alcohol until you have recovered fully.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-02-06

Dear Sam