Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2008/06/13

Gall baldder?

Hi Doc,
About me I'm a 44 year old female no children, very happy marriage, slightly stressed job gave up smoking 9 years ago, 20 kg overweight, physically fit, struggling to loose weight but not gaining.
Ive read and re read the articles about heart burn which I have begun to suffer from very frequently 2 to 4 times a week. Yes Im 20 kg over weight so that may be a bit of the cause. What I'm finding however is that I get gall reflux all the time and there's a hereditary factor there My Aunt had her gall bladder removed successfully and my Dad died on the operating table having his removed. I find I'm struggling with this rising bitter taste almost every time I bend down to pick something up off the floor or tie my shoe laces. But when I do Aikido,a martial art which has plenty of throws and rolls I dont get this reflux ever. I do Aikido three times a week for 2 hours each session. I am aware there is a lot of breathing tai chi style and believe this to help. How can I tell if I have gallstones or an enlarged or infected gall bladder?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you have an ultrasound of your abdomen taken, as this will indicate if you have gall stones or an enlarged gall bladder.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Sarah | 2008/06/13

Thanks Yolanda, I will go for a sonar asap. I don't feel as bad as you do with constant pain that must be terrible. I wish you well again I really do. The constant rising gall and bitterness is mostly what I deal with. How did you GP say he was going to get rid of those gall stones? I believe or was told recently that homoeopaths have a great remedy, not too sure but I will try before the doctors do anything or I get to be in your situation which must hurt like hell. Good luck Yolanda get well soon
Dee

Reply to Sarah
Posted by: Yolanda | 2008/06/13

I have gallstones and an enlarged liver due to gallstones - I am in constant pain on my stomach, sometimes I can't even walk or sit or lie down. The best is to ask your gp to do a sonar, thats how I found out that I have gallstones.

Strongs!!

Reply to Yolanda