Posted by: penny | 2009-08-11

galcanic current technology

Goodmorning expert. Can you please explain to me what is ' Galvanic current technology'  and what is it use for? Is it the same as ' led therapy' ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Penny, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

Galvanic is based on the theory of iontophoresis which is the use of an electric current that creates either a positive or negative charge on the skin surface. Products that contain the same charge to what is being generated by the galvanic device are ‘forced’ into the sin layers (as like charges repel). So its main use is to increase the penetration of similar charged topical products.
The above process is not similar to LED therapy which I presume is a referral to photo dynamic therapy (PDT) which is used in the Omnilux.

Posted by: penny | 2009-08-16

Is ' galvanic current technology'  and ' iontophoresis'  the same thing?
thank you

Reply to penny