Question
Posted by: Annetjie | 2011/02/10

Galbladder

Hi. I just want too find out, I''ve got problems with my galbladder, was diagnosed with galstones. I''m in a lot of pain. Abdominal and my back hurts. Want too know what can I eat too better it and if it''s really necesarry to go for the operation and if it is, what will the complications be afterwards. Can you live without a galbladder? What happens too all the stuff the galbladder did?
I''m very scared, but also very tired of all of this pain, nausia and vomiting.

Thank You

Hallo Annetjie
The gallbladder stores gall, and when you eat a fatty meal it "squirts" gall into the deodenum to aid digestion. A gallbladder with stones get stones because it is not working right (not contracting right or enough) or due to high cholesterol or bilirubin levels. Gallstones can cause gallbladder infection and if it happens repeatedly, surgery is often the only solution. You can live without a gall bladder but you can't eat very fatty meals as it will make you nauseous.
For now eat a low fat diet with lots of fruits and vegetables (for the fibre), and take a Vit E supplement.

3
Posted by: CD again | 2011/02/14

Probeer iets soos Scopex plus Panado (plus Neurofen as die pyn regtig erg is) mits jy nie allergies is vir enige van hierdie nie.
dr Bets

Reply to CD again
Posted by: Annetjie | 2011/02/11

Watse tipes vrugte en groente kan ek eet wat my nie gal sal gee nie. Ek het nou al n groente sop geeet, maar vrek van die pyn daarna. En dit hou heeldag aan. Wat kan ek gebruik vir die pyn tot tyd en wyl ek gehelp kan word. Ek het ongelukkig nie medies nie en moet op die staathospitaal staat maak, maar hul is so besig dat mens lank moet wag. Al wat hul my gegee het vir die pyn is Panado, is daar enige iets anders, kan ek gaan vir Voltaren of voltaren inspuitings. Ek het nou al by n paar mense gehoor hul is beter na die operasie en ander se weer hul is heeltyd naar. Ek is vreeslik bang vir kanker en sulke tipe van goed, kan dit die risiko verhoog as ek vir die operasie gaan. Jamr ek vra so baie, maar is redelik skrikkerig. Kan Azor 1mg (is daarop vir angsaanvalle) die galblaas affekteer?

Baie dankie

Reply to Annetjie
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/10

Hallo Annetjie