Question
Posted by: Catty | 2009-11-24

Gaining weight in a healthy way

I' m 25 years old, 1.72 and weigh 43kg. I know I should gain weight but feel I look fine. Also, I don' t want to drink any supplements and I only eat fish. I mostly eat yogurt and vegetables. Any advice?

Dear Catty
With a present BMI of 14,4 you are so underweight that you could be classified as anorexic. An adult woman of 25 who is 1.72 m tall, should at least weigh 63 kg, which is 20 kg more than you weigh right now. Because you say that you do not want to drink supplements, I can only suggest that you click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles so that you can apply the tips on increasing your energy intake with eating more food at meals and having energy-rich snacks. The fact that you think that you "look fine" when you are so painfully thin, may indicate that you do have an eating disorder. Consider seeing a clinical dietitian and a clinical psychologist to assist you to gain some weight.
Take care

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-11-25

Dear Catty
Take care