Question
Posted by: bigmama | 2008/10/23

Gaining weight after hysterectomy

I' m 46 years old, In 2007 September, I underwent a Hysterectomy. I' ve gained 25 kg since then, I' ve spoken to my GP about my weight gain, and he said I have to stick to a diet and exercise., which I have been doing for the last few months, but instead of losing weight, I' m gaining more. Is it anything to do with my hormones? I still have my ovaries.

The weight gain is due to metabolic changes which occur at this age. It is not due to the hysterectomy. I would suggest that you be tested for insulin resistance and also see a dietician.

1
Posted by: Elaine McKinney | 2009/04/29

had op 9 th feb. had hematoma and fluid on left side. still have pain in pelvic area (nippy) swollen tummy and cant sit for to long. dont want to go back to docs incase i land back in hospital . please help.

Reply to Elaine McKinney