Question
Posted by: Ally | 2010/12/03

Gaining weight

I am 30 yrs old and weigh 45 and i''m a size 26-28. I feel i''m under weight and very tiny. I don''t look my age. Which supplements can i take to gain weight?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi Ally,
You are not describing an eating disorder so I suggest you post your question to the DietDoc and see if a sensible calorie controlled diet can help you to restore your weight to a more comfortable level. If your intake has been sufficiaent for your age and height (which a dietician should be able to confirm), then you also need to confirm that you are not either exercising excessively or suffering from a medical condition that is making it difficult to maintain a healthy weight. Your thyroid functions, for example, would be an area to explore, in this respect.
Regards,
Graham

3
Posted by: megan | 2011/02/03

I have no idea what i look like i will go from wheighing 55 tio 72 in a matter of months and always feel HUGE when im skinny i feel big when im big i feel big and i hardly notice that i have gained almost 20 kg because i felt big to begin with . i have started going to gym again now and am contimplaiting Deuromine but i need something that will stop this messed up cycle , anything.I cant live like this .My wheight is the catalyst for how i percieve people judge whether i am a failure or a succes in life and how i judge myself WHAT THE HELL ....THIS IS SO OLD NOW IM SICK OF IT.

Reply to megan
Posted by: Ange | 2011/01/31

Good Afternoon, I wonder if you can assist, I am going through a divorce, and can’ t stop eating, I feel bad all the time and has picked up so much weight, I have not gone to my Doctor as yet but are a bit worried, I don’ t want to take medication that makes me thin I just want to stop eating, but every time I eat I feel better please advise.

Reply to Ange
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2010/12/11

Hi Ally,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert