Question
Posted by: Kiki | 2010/01/13

Gaining weight

I have gained ten kg whilst being on Prozac 1 aday 20mg, I have been on Reductil before and lost weight succesfully about 14kg....I want to go of the Prozac and back on the Reductil how do I ween myself of Prozac how long does it need to clear out of your blood stream.? I know you can not take them together.

Dear Kiki
It is very important that you do NOT stop taking Prozac or any other medication that affects the central nervous system without discussing this with the prescribing doctor because you may be putting yourself at risk. The dr will also advise how you need to taper the medication (slow decrease over a few weeks), to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Once you have successfully weaned yourself of the Prozac (if this is the most beneficial path for you to follow), then you can start the Reductil and an energy reduced diet to lose weight.
Don't try to do this alone - get help from your dr.
Take care

1

Dear Kiki
Take care