Question

Gaining weight

I' m 30, wear a size 6, Height 1.55m &  weigh 51kg, I would like to gain some weight but dont how, I can eat anything and everything but just cant seem to gain any weight. I look very young for my age(people always guess Im 18) just need to look a bit my age, how do I do it?

What kind of weight do you want to gain? If it's muscle, then it can be tricky. I wouldn't want to get indiscriminately bigger, so it's probably important to focus on muscle, otherwise you just add fat and that's never healthy.

Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. DietDoc from this site has written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Fresenius Kabi and Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements which you can buy at any chemist.

Phone Fresenius on (011) 545-0000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a meal supplement such as Fresubin, with or without fibre, at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week.