Question
Posted by: Dude | 2008/07/17

GAIN WEIGHT

HI DOCTOR. I HAVE BEEN IN THIS WEBSITE BEFORE GETTING ADVICES TO GAIN WEIGHT. I GOT 3 CARDBOARDS (90) OF FRESUBIN, BUT PUT ONLY 1,2KG. ANYWAY, I WAS IN A VERY BAD LIFE WITH LOTS OF TROUBLES AND NOT EATING PROPERLY...AFTER 2 MONTHS I GOT VERY SICK INTOXICATED WITH CLEAN PRODUCTS AND LOST MORE THAN 5 KG, I RECUPERATED ONLY 2 KG UNTIL TODAY 3 MONTHS LATER. NOW I BOUGHT 2 CARDBOARDS OF FRESUBIN AND I' D LIKE TO KNOW IF CAN I TAKE 5 PER DAY, BECAUSE I' M WORKING 8 HOURS PER DAY IN A VERY DYNAMIC PLACE, I' M WAITRESS ALWAYS RUNNING AND STRESSED. BETWEEN THIS TIME I HAVE ONLY 2 BRAKES OF 15 MINUTES, SO I HAVE NO TIME TO GET A GOOD MEAL AND I' M SURE I' M SPENDING TOO MUCH CALORIES :-( I' M 1,60CM AND ONLY 40 KG...AN ANOREXIC BODY WITH 30 YEARS OLD. I REALLY NEED HELP. ANOTHER TWO THINGS THAT I' D LIKE TO SAY...I TOLD YOU BEFORE I HAVE NO ILLNESS, BUT I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I HAD RACHITIS WHEN I WAS A CHILD, MAYBE YOU HAVE ANOTHER WAY TO HELP MYSELF...AND THE OTHER THINGS IS IF HERBALIFE REALLY HELP US TO GAIN WEIGHT, IT COULD BE BETTER THAN FRESUBIN OR NUTREN?
THIS PROBLEM STILL KEEP ME IN DEPRESSION
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Dear Dude
From what you say, I don't think that you read any of the articles on the DietDoc Website regarding the total approach to weight gain which does NOT just consist of using liquid meal supplements. I would recommend that you take the time to read all the tips again by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining'. You MUST also increase your intake of a balanced diet by eating more at meals and then adding the liquid meal supplement in addition. You have mentioned one vital factor regarding your general health and that is your depression. Depression is a condition that can cause pronounced weightloss and hamper any weight gain attempts you may try. I would recommend that you get help for the depression from your medical dr and/or a clinical psychologist. In view of the frantic life you lead, seeing a psychologist will probably be most beneficial.
Start doing all the things required for weight gain and also get help for the depression.
Hang in there

2
Posted by: Snoopy | 2008/07/19

I' M 25 YEARS OLD AND NEED HELP WITH MY WEIGHT I WEIGHT 38KG AND I EAT WELL

Reply to Snoopy
Posted by: Dude | 2008/07/17

SORRY, BUT I FORGOT TO SAY THAT WHILE I WAS TAKING THE FRESUBIN (WITHOUT FIBRE) I USED TO GO IN THE TOILET MORE THAN 2 TIMES...SOMETHING WRONG IN MY INTESTINE????

Reply to Dude