Question
Posted by: MC | 2009-02-05

Gain wait

I need a high protein diet, to rebuild muscle and gain weight but Im a vegeterian, where can I find the heart protein diet??

Dear MC
You don't mention if you are a strict vegetarian or vegan, or if you still use milk, dairy products and eggs? If you are a lacto-ovo-vegetarian then you can obtain a great deal of high quality protein from eggs, milk, yoghurt and cheeses. If you are a strict vegetarian or vegan you will have to use more plant protein that is found in dry cooked or canned peas, beans, lentils, and soya products (soya milk, mince, patties, yoghurt, tofu, etc). Make sure that you eat some of these legumes, as they are also called, at each meal to boost your protein intake. To gain weight eat nuts and use healthy oils like olive oil and olives every day.