Question
Posted by: Mary | 2011/10/07

Gagging or ashma

I have little maltese cross that gags every single time she drinks water. Also once a day, it sounds as if she gets an ashma attach and it sounds as if she is unable to breath. It does not carry on long...10 seconds or so. I usually pick her up and try to calm her down. Is this something I need to be worried about?

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Mary, I really do think you should get in touch with your vet to check this out as it does not sound like a behaviour problem, rather a physical one, although the added attention the dog gets from you could perhaps be a reason why she does it more, rather get your vet to check. Do let me know what h/she says, thanks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/10/10

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert