Question
Posted by: jane | 2010/05/06

Gabriel Method

Has anyone read The Gabriel method and if so have you had any success with it. Thanks!

Dear Jane
I would also be most interested to find out if any Readers have used the Gabriel Method and to hear what it entails and if they lost weight with it. I have tried to read up on the Gabriel Method on the Internet, but all the Websites carefully refrain from explaining what one is actually supposed to do!

2
Posted by: Sharon | 2010/05/07

Hi there. I bought the book, and it focuses more on the mind aspect than an actual rigid diet. He encourages you to spend time doing breathing and meditation exercises and to add certain food to your diet rather than cut food out. You should automatically then lose the craving for bad foods because you are getting all the good foods. And you don''t have to cut out anything. It''s an interesting read and has helped me. I''ve lost 8kg so far, but it''s taken about 4 months. Apparently the weight loss is slow in the beginning but speeds up which would explain why it''s taken me so long to lose 8kg. However, there is no stress envolved with following his recommendations so you don''t even have to worry that you can''t eat this or that. Hope this helps.

Reply to Sharon

Dear Jane