Question
Posted by: Anon | 2012-06-06

FYI

dont bother phoning life line, i just did waste of time got someone that couldnt even speak english and didnt understand what self mutaltion is or that i want to kill myself....

At times I have heard good things of Lifeline, but more recently I have heard similar complaints, and wish people would bring this to the urgent attention of the directors and sponsors of Lifeline, as the service is useless unless reliable in responding to emergency calls.
As self-mutilation is a complex problem, not always about suicide as such, they also ought all to be properly trained to understand and be helpful about it.
And do continue to act poritively towards getting the proper help you deserve for your concerns - DO see a psychiatrist soon, and discus the issues with a fully trained professional, even better than a lay counsellor.

2

Posted by: Anne | 2012-06-06

Dear Anon,

Am sorry you couldn''t speak to someone that you felt could understand your problems.

Do you know which Lifeline centre you spoke to?

Lifeline counsellors are there to listen to you. They are lay counsellors.

By posting on this forum you are crying out for help. Why not share how you are feeling.

By killing yourself is not going to solve any problems.

Do you have family/friends?

Try calling Lifeline again and hopefully you will have an understanding counsellor who you will connect with and share what is going on in your life right now.

Are you able to articulate here what sets you off to self mutilate?
Why do you want to kill yourself?

There are people out there who care for you.

Reply to Anne